“May you live in interesting times.”
If you’re a fellow Terry Pratchett fan, you know that the citizens of Discworld actually considered this to be a curse. Well, right now, all we can say is that it’s great news that we don’t actually live in Discworld because these past few weeks were nothing if not interesting times – the good kind of “interesting,” that is.
You’d think that the recent merger with SunShineKayaking would be enough to keep us busy for the foreseeable future – but, as it turns out, we’re not quite done yet.
Enough with the introduction, though; what we’re actually trying to do here is share yet another significant milestone:
WaterSportsWhiz.com is joining forces with UKWaterSports.co.uk.
It’s a whole new chapter – not just for us but for you, too. So, you better stick around and see for yourself. In the meantime, we’d like to go over the details of the merger and have a chat about our shared vision for the future of WaterSportsWhiz with you!
Where do you even begin telling the story about a company with more than two decades of success and a rich history behind it?
With that rhetorical question out of the way, here’s what we can tell you:
The story of UKWaterSports started on one of the UK’s largest inland sandy beaches. From day one, they were on a mission to provide access to water sports and other outdoor activities – from kayaking, canoeing, and paddle boarding to sailing and windsurfing – to the general public and local youth.
However, over the course of 23 years, it grew into much more – becoming a leading source of inspiration and water sports education.
The company played a key role in introducing thousands of people – young and old – to water sports and teaching them how to engage in activities like kayaking, paddle boarding, and sailing safely and responsibly.
With that said, what sets UKWaterSports’ platform apart from other outdoor-recreation-oriented companies is, simply put, the fact that it was always driven by enthusiasts – and led by true experts in the field.
Their team consists of highly qualified instructors across a range of water-sports-related disciplines, which further demonstrates their commitment to excellence:
- Their instructors are accredited by The British Canoeing (formerly known as The British Canoe Union) and The British Stand-Up Paddle Association (BSUPA), two of the UK’s major kayaking and paddle boarding governing bodies.
- Their instructors are accredited by The Royal Yachting Association (RYA), the UK’s national governing body for sailing, power boating, and windsurfing.
- The company is affiliated with British Rowing.
- The company proudly holds an AALA (Adventure Activity Licensing Authority) license, reinforcing its commitment to providing safe and regulated experiences for all participants, including youth groups.
Everything else aside – the technicalities of merging two platforms, the depth of knowledge and expertise that comes with it, and the people working behind the scenes – there is one thing that unites us all. A common mission, if you will.
And that mission can be summed up as:
Celebrating water sports.
This merger is rooted in our shared values and visions – and, above all, our commitment to educating, encouraging, and inspiring others to explore the world of water sports.
We hope to achieve a synergy of sorts where “action-oriented” and “informative” can come together and create a comprehensive platform for all things water-sports-related.
Benefits Of The Merger
There’s more to this than just making a few smart business moves; it’s about transforming and growing the WaterSportsWhiz platform and taking things to a whole new level.
And with that said, we firmly believe that this merger will benefit our community in several key areas, including:
- Content & Expertise – This merger will allow us to combine hands-on expertise from UKWaterSports’ accredited instructors with our highly informative content, making the WaterSportsWhiz platform that much more trustworthy. In a sense, it will allow us to take a more holistic approach – one that combines theory and practice.
- Enhanced Credibility – We believe that UKWaterSports’ expertise will play a key role in improving the credibility of our content and ensuring that readers can count on us to be an accurate source of water-sports-related information.
- Geographical Expansion – With this merger, we are one step closer to becoming a truly global community of water sports enthusiasts. Not to sound overly theatrical, but this merger is also about bridging continents. WaterSportsWhiz is deeply rooted in the US – while UKWaterSports has a predominantly UK-based audience. Besides tapping into a broader audience across the Atlantic, we’ll also be able to offer you a more diverse range of perspectives and a glimpse into different water sports cultures, techniques, and trends.
- Wider Range Of Topics – By combining our collective knowledge, hands-on experience, and expertise, we’ll also open the doors to a broader range of topics.
Our Collective Vision For The Future Of WaterSportsWhiz & UkWaterSports: What’s Next?
We’ve already touched upon our shared vision of building a comprehensive resource for all things water-sports-related. That common mission – further reinforced by our shared values and passion – is a foundation for this united platform.
It’s impossible to tell where the waters will take us. But as unpredictable as the route ahead may be, there is one thing we can promise you:
We’re about to make some waves together!
Here’s a glimpse of what’s to come:
Our Commitment To Becoming A Leading Resource
As we continue to build this collective of kayaking enthusiasts and certified instructors, we are counting on our combined knowledge and expertise to help us deliver content that caters to our audience’s wide range of interests.
We are committed to becoming the leading resource in the water sports niche by:
- Sharing a wider range of unique perspectives, experiences, and insights with you. We want to give you the best of both worlds – or both sides of the Atlantic, to be precise – from the natural beauty of the UK’s Lakeland all the way to the extremes of Colorado River’s whitewater rapids.
- Combining our collective knowledge and expertise. With UKWaterSport’s instructors and WaterSportWhiz’s seasoned reviewers working together, we’ll bring you in-depth, unbiased reviews of the latest water sports equipment.
- Providing expert guidance through instructional insights and know-how. You can look forward to monthly columns from our accredited instructors, where they’ll share their tips, tricks, and tried-and-true advice for anyone seeking to learn and improve their skills – from beginners to seasoned water sports enthusiasts.
Learning & Growing Together
We’re all beyond excited about expanding the WaterSportsWhiz platform. But at the same time, we are well aware that such expansions sometimes open the door to certain pitfalls – prioritizing quantity over quality as a way of “justifying” the merger being one of them.
That’s not a compromise we’re willing to make, though.
Yes, there’s a lot going on right now, but we won’t let that get in the way or make us lose focus of our primary goal – delivering high-quality, expert-reviewed, value-packed content.
When discussing our visions for the future, we can’t afford to overlook our community’s role in making those visions a reality.
We are, first and foremost, here to educate, empower, and inspire you – our readers.
For the community, by the community.
Let that be our motto as we move forward.
We’ve always believed in the strength of shared experiences and the wisdom that stems from like-minded individuals coming together. That is to say:
We not only welcome but actively seek your feedback, your stories, and your insights; they’re every bit as important for shaping the future of our platform as the content we share.
A Quick Dive Into Our Archives
Some of you reading this have been a part of the WaterSportsWhiz community for a while now – so you probably have a pretty good idea of what you’re getting into and what to expect from us content-wise. But let’s not forget about the newest members of our growing community – those joining us from UKWaterSport.
We’d like this transition to be as smooth as possible for you – and, hopefully, make you feel right at home – and a big part of that is giving you a rundown of the range of topics we deal with here and familiarizing you with what WaterSportsWhiz is all about.
After all, this is a journey we’re embarking on together.
With that in mind, here’s a curated list of our top resources – from kayak and gear reviews to how-to guides and must-visit kayaking destinations – to get you up to speed on what’s been cooking in the WaterSportsWhiz kitchen:
Whether you’re searching for kayaking spots near you, a new place to go paddle boarding, or exploring nearby fishing opportunities, our collection of top resources and tools developed specifically for water sports enthusiasts is here to help you.
- Places To Go Kayaking Near Me – Interactive Paddling Locations Map & Other Resources
- Where to Go Fishing Near Me – Free Interactive Map Of All The Top Fishing
- Places To Go Paddle Boarding Near Me – Free Interactive Map
- Where To Get A Fishing License Near Me – Information For All 50 States
Kayak & Paddle Board Reviews
We’re here to help you make informed decisions and choose the right watercraft for your next outing. Check out our in-depth reviews and insights into the latest kayaks and SUPs based on first-hand experiences and real-world tests.
- Best Cheap Fishing Kayaks – Top 10 Picks For Kayak Fishing On A Budget In 2022
- Best Paddle Board Kayak Hybrid – Top 8 Picks For 2023
- Best Sit-On-Top Kayak In 2022: Top 9 SOTs That Are A Cut Above The Rest
- Best Kayak For Beginners: Top 12 Easy-To-Paddle Picks For Novice Kayakers
- 15 Best Fishing Kayaks Reviewed: What Top Anglers are Using in 2023
- Best Touring Kayak – Top-Rated Long-Distance Kayaks For 2023
- Best Tandem Kayak: Top 12 Picks For Paddling With A Partner in 2023
- Best Kayak For Kids – Top 8 Kid Kayaks Your Little One Will Love
- Best Pedal Kayak – Top 11 Picks For Paddle-Free Kayaking
- Best Whitewater Kayak – Top 8 Whitewater ‘Yaks For Running Rapids In 2023
Gear & Equipment Reviews
From must-have equipment and essential accessories to the nice-to-have bells and whistles, we offer thorough reviews of water sports equipment to ensure you’re always geared up and ready for your next outing.
- Must-Have SUP Gear – The 22 Best Paddle Board Accessories For 2023
- Best Kayak Trolling Motor For Going Motor-Powered In 2022
- Best Kayak Fish Finder – Top Fish-Finding Gadgets Of 2023
- Best Kayak Fish Finder Battery – Top 6 Powerful-But-Compact Options For 2022
- Best Kayak Life Vest: Top 10 Safe & Comfortable Kayak Life Jackets (PFD)
- Best Big And Tall Life Jackets – 8 Plus Size PFDs
- Best Fishing Hat – Get Ready For Your Fishing Trip With These 12 Picks
- Best Kayak Fishing Net – 10 Top-Rated Options For Netting Your Fish
- 10 Best Kayak Shoes – Keep Your Feet Warm And Dry In 2023
Knowledge & Know-How
Our knowledge and know-how hub is always growing. From helping you refine your skills by mastering essential techniques and maneuvers to making sure you understand the science behind paddling sports, we’re here to provide a deep dive into the complexities of water sports. This right here is where learning meets passion.
- What Are The Best Paddle Board Brands – And Which SUP Brands To Avoid
- What Are The Best Kayak Brands – And Which Kayak Brands To Avoid?
- 30 Different Types Of Water Sports And Water Activities You Must Try This Summer
- Kayak Weight Limit – How Much Weight Can A Kayak Hold?
- Paddle Board Weight Limit: How Much Weight Can A Paddle Board Hold?
- What Is The Main Advantage Of A Type IV PFD?
- What Do You Wear Under A Wetsuit? Tips & Recommendations
- How To Choose A Kayak – What Kayak Is Right For Me?
- Understanding The Different Types Of Whitewater Kayaks
We hope this helps you get a feel of our platform’s essence. And, of course, you’re more than welcome to explore on your own!
It seems only yesterday that we announced the exciting news about teaming up with SunShineKayaking – because, well, it did happen just a few short weeks ago.
The dust hasn’t even settled yet, but here we are today, taking another huge step forward by joining forces with UKWaterSports.
The excitement, motivation, and positivity we are experiencing as a team are almost palpable these days. We’re beyond thrilled about the community we’re building together. Above all, we’re grateful for the support and trust you’ve shown us throughout this merger.
The future of water sports – and our platform – is looking pretty bright these days. So, be sure to stick around; we’re just getting started!